Saturday, April 26, 2014

At least they weren't serial killers with a good cover story.

My forays out into the world often leave me wondering how much I can say before people begin running away.   I suspect that my problem is at least partially attributed to my children.  My children are not exactly normal.  In fact, it has been noted, that my children can be a bit annoying, loud, and evil. At home, we deal with their situations with a lot of sarcasm.  Most people don't understand that when I'm being sarcastic to my children this isn't done out of any dislike.  I do not truly mean I will put them up for adoption-instead I mean they may need to cool their jets.  To add insult to injury, I have to take my children everywhere with me. I am a home schooling mom. We school 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Even the most mundane tasks tend to be an educational outsourcing.
Once in awhile I luck out and meet another homeschooling family. Sometimes our kids do not get along, and sometimes it is ore that the moms that don't click. I routinely live in fear what I will be one of those strange homeschooling moms that live in total isolation. Luckily enough, I had the opportunity to meet up with another homeschooling family who's snark levels matched my own.
We got together to take our children to the beach. Her family was only in town for a few days and we had spoken online. Typically with online relationships when you have never met the person in real life, you run a great risk of the person being some kind of serial killer or other psychotic monster.  Although, to be fair, they probably would be thinking the same about me.
However, for change, no one was a serial killer. We are managed to get along. We all wanted to have fun, and get sandy and jump in the waves.
We returned home: safe but sunburnt, alive but exhausted, and looking forward to the next time we can meet new friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment