Thursday, May 1, 2014

That Time I Went to Goodwill

I go to Goodwill often. I won't lie, I go to a lot of Goodwills often. There's just something about digging through the lowest dregs of trash that humanity thinks is worth saving that makes me very happy. (Likewise, I enjoy junk yards and roadside rescuing from garbage piles.)
Some of my very favorite treasures have come from Goodwill. Then again, some of my least favorite treasures have come from Goodwill. It doesn't matter how many times I remind my children that I will not buy them anything, the second they depart my side, every other word is "Mommy look at this!"
And the funny thing is knowing that I'm the type of person that goes to Goodwill looking for specific items. For example, last week I left Goodwill with a coffee cup commemorating Keebler Pecan Sandies. I actually went looking for it. I also found a beach ball for nickel. Upon taking it home we discovered it had a hole in it.  I've currently got it in my craft room for the vinyl. (I have plans.) I have found doll eyes with no dolls; I have found Barbie dolls formed into inappropriate friendships with stuffed animals.
No matter how odd the Goodwill, I continue to seek out my own white whale: Frampton Comes Alive.  Someday I will have enough copies to vinyl my backsplash with the best.

It will all be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment